For the last month, I’ve been completely distracted in all facets of my life. An opportunity presented itself to me to further my photography business and it has completely consumed me for the last 4 weeks (not to mention my full time gig too). It makes my heart hurt because I have so many things I want to share here but absolutely no brain power to do so. I probably did have the time, but have you ever just needed to shut your brain down for a little while? Well, here’s what I’ve been up to lately…
– munching on Girl Scout Thin Mints
– pouring my own coffee & making my own meals while husband travels to Michigan to work for his dad for a week once per month
– trying to remember to take my vitamins
– writing a photography business workshop for newbie photographers and coding many an Excel-workbook and interactive PDF for same
– packing up our apartment in anticipation of yet another lease expiring at the end of April (this one was a short term)
– cleaning out my bedroom and organizing my belongings at my parent’s house (I have my work cut out for me here)
– getting my thyroid checked to make sure my exhaustion is just because I’m too busy (it is, thyroid is 110% normal – dang!)
– marathon catch-up of Shameless on Showtime
– celebrating the 5-year anniversary of meeting my hubby on a drunken St. Patrick’s Day in Chicago 2008!
– not exercising
– trying not to freak out over every little thing
So, it’s been a busy 4 weeks. I haven’t even covered everything above. One of the best things that has come up in the last few days is a discussion about when to bring home Miss Trudy. I have doxie-fever and am completely ready for baby bug #2. We’ve identified a breeder who can hopefully help us and can’t wait to get something planned! I will definitely have something to post about regularly with Trudy on the way.
I have also felt the need to revamp this site a little bit. I contacted an amazing illustrator for a new design and as soon as we find Trudy, the design will be started. I also want to change up the categories a little bit to give myself some leeway in jumping around to different topics. I need to push myself more on the health side, so I plan to write more on exercise and healthy eating. I also want a place where I can just write for the heck of it! This blog is first, and foremost, a personal blog for me, so I need to revamp it a little to fit my plan…I hope you’ll stick around!!
Anyway, this is one of my most favorite photos taken as of late (I’ve also been in a super photography funk – dang winter) ~