Here I am, just sitting with my coffee in Lake Geneva, WI with my brand new (tiny) work laptop, knocking some easy wins out for the week and with more than enough thoughts running through my head. One of the many thoughts is how much I miss this blog, but I won’t dwell on that, because I’m here now…
- We find out where we’re moving THIS WEEK. Holy crapazoids. I’m freaking out – FREAKING OUT. How did this week come so fast?! Where does the time go and why am I not further along in preparing for this news. Where is my moving binder?! Must make a trip to Staples ASAP! These thoughts are overreaching all the others, because this is huge news, you guys. Our whole entire existence changes at the end of October when we relocate. We waited for over 2 years for this news yet it feels like we’ve waited only 30 seconds.
- I’ve worked every weekend since the beginning of May and I’m tired. The only day I didn’t do any work was July 4th & 5th when Nate came to visit. All other weekend days averaged another 8 hours total per weekend. Not cool…and very tired of it. Things are hopefully about to change and maybe that’ll mean I’m back here a little more often in the near future. Thanks for stickin’ around, friends. xo
- This is my first weekend at the lake since Nate left for training. I’m pasty white and feeling anything but summery.
- I’m still going strong on 12-15 pounds down from my sugar detox. I’ve slipped a couple times recently but mostly because I haven’t had time to eat super healthy (think frozen pizzas). This week I need to get back to meal planning & eating healthy foods. It’s so worth it to feel this great!
- Pure Barre is so awesome but I’ve only been 3 times so far in the first two weeks. I’m feeling guilty about that too but circling back to my crazy work schedule, it’s just hard to make it happen. I want to go 3 times this week and at least once over the weekend…after all, it’s my July Directive!
- I’m back out in Washington D.C. visiting Nate August 8-10. Counting down the days at this point!! I have another trip scheduled in September because Southwest decided to be fabulous and offer round trip flights to Reagan from Chicago for 11K points! Party!!
- I can’t do it all. The toughest thought going through my head is knowing how much I’ve had to put to the side lately in favor of keeping my head above water. I feel like all I do is work my day job, cross-stitch, sleep, take the dogs out, and repeat. I’m so ready for my life to be more exciting and I think this week’s news will give me so much more to dream about. I’ll be researching everything about the new city pretty much right away and I guarantee you’ll hear a lot about it!
Have a great rest of your weekend and a fabulous week! Stay tuned for very exciting news next weekend once we tell our family where they’ll be visiting us for Christmas (a deal we made awhile ago – ha!).