This post may contain an affiliate link. If you make a purchase through the link, I may receive a commission at no cost to you! xo
If you’re anything like me, you know you thrive best with a solid framework and purpose that guides your day to day interactions towards accomplishing something.
It could be as little as daily H2O consumption or as big as experiencing a healthy pregnancy. Regardless, the way in which these little and big goals are developed, tracked & celebrated makes all the difference.
Enter the PowerSheets® goal planner, by Lara Casey @ Cultivate What Matters. PowerSheets® has been my life playbook of choice for 2 years running.
Today, my 3rd set arrived on my doorstep, and it’s better than it’s ever been! Pink Linen hardcover with gold edges, more gold on the spiral binding, and the most gorgeous thick, crisp white pages. 2020 is officially in my sights!
My accountability comes from within (hey there, fellow Upholders!), so developing and achieving goals has been second nature for my entire life.
I ran a monthly goal setting group back in 2014 and, to this day, still organize my goals with a top down approach: word of the year + monthly themes.
When I was introduced to PowerSheets®, not only did I find immediate and immense value in the prep work, but the quarterly resets were the “missing link” that I hadn’t considered. The structure of the PowerSheets® goal planner is truly life-changing, but what’s more, the community and coaching is the cherry on top.
To honor my 3rd year running and kick off what I know will be an amazing new decade (roaring 20s are back, baby!), here are 5 things that solidify me as a PowerSheets user for life:
- Coaching | Lara Casey & her team do an amazing job of supporting us all year long through the blog, Podcasts & Facebook group. Admittedly, I haven’t been part of the “Tending List Tuesday” contingent, but a weekly goal in 2020 is to make a regular appearance.
- Innovation | The Cultivate team is always innovating. Each year, something within the planner is made better. I love consistency, but they do such a great job of maintaining a product that stays consistent through their unique “bones” of goal setting, while making every year fresh and “brand new.” No groundhog day here!
- Goal-Setting Process | The process of prep work > goal setting > quarterly resets > monthly / weekly tending is so aligned with the way I formulate and set goals. I’m used to creating my own products to meet my needs, but PowerSheets® truly nails the structure that makes the most sense to me and makes such a beautiful product to support it. Fortunately, they leave so much margin to make it adaptable to anyone, so maybe that’s why it feels so completely aligned to ME.
- Self-Awareness | I spent a whole month doing my prep-work for 2019 PowerSheets®, because I used it as a tool to guide tons of self-awareness. I researched my personality types (Myers-Briggs, StrengthsFinder, Enneagram, etc.) and dug really deep on how I wanted to spend my first year as a mama of two, etc. I plan to start 2020 prep work even earlier, because it was just so valuable! I have more clarity this year on who I am, what I want in my life, and how I want to get there. PowerSheets® equipped me with a tool to get these thoughts out of my mind and into a structured format in which I could confidently action daily/weekly/monthly.
- Time Capsule | I don’t keep a separate journal/diary, but I do use PowerSheets® (and my Emily Ley Simplified® planner!) to keep record of my thoughts and memories day to day. In my 2019 PowerSheets®, I spent time adding meaningful photographs to the margins, and it seriously lights me up every time I look at it. I gave up traditional scrapbooking (digital all the way these days) but PowerSheets® offers me the opportunity to do a little scrapbooking anyway.
I’m so excited to dive into my 2020 PowerSheets and I must know if you’ll be goal setting alongside me. I’m excited to “get back to my roots” and share my word of the year, monthly themes, and goal progress in 2020.
I’m planning to do my own little version of a tending list Tuesday live on Facebook in the new year – something more focused and intentional on developing greater productivity and solid boundaries between work and home, and making the time to dig into your own personal goals. I hope you’ll join me!
Be the first to know when I kick this off and grab this starter Goal Refresh Guide!